What Is An Asphalt Plant?
An asphalt mixing plant is a facility with equipment to produce HMA (hot mix asphalt) for road, bridge, port, parking lots, and airport construction projects.
The excellent hot asphalt mixture can be manufactured through feeding, heating, screening, weighing and mixing aggregates with filling material and bitumen in a certain proportion.
The cold aggregates applicable to LUTON machines include lime, cement, sand, macadam, gravel, zeolites and other forms of coated roadstone.
Types of Asphalt Mixing Plants from LUTON
There are 2 basic hot mix plants to manufacture high quality asphalt mixture – asphalt batch plants and drum bituminous hot mix plants.
Asphalt Batching Plant
Asphalt batch plant means manufacturing asphalt mixture in batches.
Usually, LUTON batching type hot mix plant is able to produce 40 t/h to 360 t/h finished products every 45 seconds or so, depending on the different models.
- Cold aggregate feeder bins
- Tilted conveying belt
- Drum dryer with coal burner/fuel oil burner and coal/fuel oil feeder
- Dust collector (2 levels)
- Bucket elevator
- Filler material silo
- Bitumen supply system
- Vibrating screen
- Hot aggregate containers
- Weigh hopper
- Finished products storage silo
- PLC control room
How Does Batching Asphalt Plant Work?
The working process of batching asphalt plant is a bit complicated compared with the drum ones.
Step 1: The aggregates from the different stockpiles are fed into the separate feeder containers.
Step 2: The hoppers with gates regulate the flow of cold aggregates and controls the aggregate mixture proportion.
Step 3: The rotary drum equipped with steel plate gets hot air radiation more faster and changes cold aggregates into hot quicker.
Step 4: The dust catcher controls the dust and gas emissions produced in the process.
Step 5: The bucket elevator lifts the hot aggregates and feeds them into the vibrating screen.
Step 6: The vibrating screen powered by multi motors performs high frequency to separate the aggregates with different size to their required hot bin compartments.
Step 7: Weigh hopper weighs the hot aggregates, bitumen and filler material which flow to the mixer to get stirred.
Advantages of Asphalt Batch Plant
1. Accurate weigh hopper controls the weighing error within 0.05%.
2. Twin shaft and double paddles means strong and smooth mixing capacity.
3. Stable oil-stone ratio ensures high quality finished products.
4. Exceptional quality hot asphalt mixture since the parameters are adjustable during manufacturing.
5. 2 levels of dust filter machines guarantee low dust emission.
6. Less fuel consumption.
7. Fully automatic PLC control system with control panel, spacious and comfortable space.
8. Aggregate feeding bins regulates the flow of aggregates and the speed of cold aggregate transfer.
9. Stainless steel structure ensures wear resistance and long service time.
10. Stainless cover on drum dryer and bitumen tanks make even thermal radiation accessible.
Asphalt Drum Mix Plant
Drum hot mix plant, also named continuous type bitumen mixing plant, is able to produce hot asphalt mixture in a uninterrupted mode.
Neither mixer nor bucket elevator is included in the drum plant since the aggregates are heated and mixed in the rotary drum.
20 t/h to 80 t/h make it best suited small and medium scale road works.
- Cold aggregate feeding containers
- Tilted conveying belt
- Rotary drum with coal burner/fuel oil burner and coal/fuel oil feeder
- Dust collector (Water filter)
- Filler material silo (optional)
- Bitumen heating and storage tanks, and heat conducting oil burner
- Asphalt concrete storage silo (optional)
- Automatic PLC control room
How Does Drum Type Asphalt Plant Work?
LUTON drum hot mix plant includes 2 types, single drum asphalt mixing plant and double drum asphalt plant.
The working flow of both types are similar. Let’s move on to it.
Step 1: The aggregates are fed into the cold aggregate supply system where the specified ratio of aggregates are transferred into the rotary drum.
Step 2: In the single drum asphalt plant, the cold aggregates are fed into the front part of the drum to get dried, and the hot aggregates flow to the last section of the drum to get mixed with bitumen and filler material.
In the double drum plant, the cold aggregates are heated in the first drum and are mixed in the second drum.
Step 3: The water filter (alterable) cleans the dust and harmful gas.
Step 4: The finished product storage silo (optional) helps temporarily store the asphalt mixture.
Advantages of Asphalt Drum Mix Plant
1. Fast production and large output in a certain time.
2. Easy operation due to the automatic control system.
3. Fast installation and dismantlement because of the modular design.
4. Continuous working leads to a quick production.
5. Easy maintenance.
6. Simple components, no elevator or mixing tower included. Less occupancy.
Notes: Both types can be built with stationary and mobile models.
Contact Us Now!
Custom service, high efficacy and reasonable price. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us today.